Starry night and an inspiring thought

If you need a getaway, I know what you should do: get your best friend/partner, grab a bottle and drive out of the city at night.

That's what I did today. My boyfriend and I drove for about an hour, until we reached a place with no light pollution and since there was no moon in the sky tonight, it meant lots of stars. I tried to take a picture and this was the best I could do

A sky full of stars
When it actually looked like this

Image credit
All you have to do is look up and you will have a whole new world in front of you. You'll see millions of stars, from faint to really shiny ones, you'll see constellations, nebulae, feel the earth's rotation and if you sit long enough, you'll catch a few meteors.

It makes you ask questions you've never asked before and see things from a different perspective (check this). When Voyager 1 was about to exit the solar system in 1990, it took one last picture of the earth 6.5 billion kilometers away. This is what Dr. Carl Sagan wrote in his book "Pale Blue Dot".

(Click for a bigger view)

Comments

Popular Posts