A day off

So I took a day off from work on Thursday to hang out with my friends and have one of those mid-week road trips, which are more satisfactory than weekends, because everyone else would be at work.

Being against the idea of having to spend a lot of money to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, we decided to find places in nature and just relax, which was a problem, because there are no places in nature that are free in Lebanon! Anyway, we ended up going to Nahr Ibrahim and finding this place we could go down and be by the river. We parked, got down and were greeted by this...

Helloooo Lebanon!

...which reminds me why we're better off not having free access to places... I don't get why people have to throw their garbage around, I mean just like you carried them down and used them, carry them back up and throw them where you're supposed to. I swear, no effort! Once we passed there and reached where obviously not a lot of humans have, the view was amazing. Being in a green valley with the river flowing was the kind of place we had in mind.


Nahr Ibrahim




The view of the river flowing into the sea
Then we also found this beach we could get into (of course after passing by some more garbage). I just wish we had more green and nature in our everyday lives, instead of going through all this trouble.

After having lunch, we were on our way to Bikfaya when a car coming down lost control and hit both me and car next to me... Luckily there were no serious injuries, but needless to say, the day was cut short. Not exactly what I had in mind for a day off!


Seashell & crab (Also tiny tiny seashells that look like black dots from a distance)



Comments

Popular Posts